A non-aligned NSW-based financial advice firm has acquired two nearby firms and will see its staff numbers double in size.
Newcastle-based firm Infinity Wealth and Financial Services has acquired Allegiance Financial Planning and Hamilton Insurance & Investment Services, according to a statement.
The newly merged firm, Infinity Financial Advisors, became active on 9 October.
Infinity managing director Andrew Masson said it was important when looking for the right partners to join forces with that they found firms who put their clients’ best interest above all else.
He said he knows what a mismatch can look like and the significant impact an unsuccessful merger can have on clients, but he believes with Allegiance and HIIS he has found perfect synergy and is looking forward to the new team’s future.
“This announcement is a result of the hard work of our people, who make our teams what they are today and raise the bar for what we can do for our clients tomorrow,” Mr Masson said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all