A non-aligned NSW-based financial advice firm has acquired two nearby firms and will see its staff numbers double in size.
Newcastle-based firm Infinity Wealth and Financial Services has acquired Allegiance Financial Planning and Hamilton Insurance & Investment Services, according to a statement.
The newly merged firm, Infinity Financial Advisors, became active on 9 October.
Infinity managing director Andrew Masson said it was important when looking for the right partners to join forces with that they found firms who put their clients’ best interest above all else.
He said he knows what a mismatch can look like and the significant impact an unsuccessful merger can have on clients, but he believes with Allegiance and HIIS he has found perfect synergy and is looking forward to the new team’s future.
“This announcement is a result of the hard work of our people, who make our teams what they are today and raise the bar for what we can do for our clients tomorrow,” Mr Masson said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Feb 2019ASIC probe finds widespread inappropriate advice at HSBCBy James Mitchell
- 20 Feb 2019IOOF profit up, advice margins downBy Sarah Simpkins
- 20 Feb 2019SMSF accountant enters EU with ASICBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Feb 2019Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- view all