The best in financial advice will be recognised at the upcoming Women in Finance Awards, identifying the leading women across financial services.
Now in its second year, the event will honour women business leaders and mentors across a broad range of areas within financial services, including investment management, accounting and mortgage broking.
The winner of last year’s Women in Finance Excellence Award, Jo Hurley, told ifa that winning the award opened doors and gave her the confidence to pursue opportunities further.
“I went on to complete the Company Directors Course and join my first board at Baseball Australia. I am actively seeking opportunities to expand my board portfolio,” Ms Hurley said.
“There is no doubt that winning the 2017 Women in Finance Excellence Award has significantly increased my value and credibility as a candidate for future [non-executive director] roles.”
As for advice for other women thinking of applying for the awards, Ms Hurley said you just never know what could happen if you simply said yes to the opportunity to enter and tell your story.
“There is no downside. Along the way you’ll learn more about yourself, your business, what matters most to you. And if you win – well you feel six feet tall and invincible,” she said.
“These awards give every woman a chance to pour into the lives of other women. You never know who your story could inspire.”
The 2018 Women in Finance Awards will be held at Hyatt Regency Sydney on Friday, 20 September.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Feb 2019ASIC probe finds widespread inappropriate advice at HSBCBy James Mitchell
- 20 Feb 2019IOOF profit up, advice margins downBy Sarah Simpkins
- 20 Feb 2019SMSF accountant enters EU with ASICBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Feb 2019Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- view all