After a year on the market, insurer AIA Australia has reflected on its health insurance brand myOwn, which provides discounts to members if they maintain good health.
In a statement, the insurer said the program has successfully run for 12 months through AIA’s myOwn Health Insurance, offering discounts and rewards to policy holders who meet the AIA Vitality program’s ‘silver status’ requirements.
Policy holders are required to achieve 10,000 points each policy year in order to maintain this status, with points being awarded for completing health checks, providing fitness data from health-monitoring devices, and other health and wellbeing related activities.
AIA Australia and New Zealand chief executive Damien Mu said the company was “delighted” to provide such a program to Australians.
“We set up myOwn to create a unique health insurance offer that not only provides more value for money to the customer but also helps people to be healthier,” he said.
Mr Mu added that he was happy with how the myOwn insurance offer, a joint initiative between AIA Australia, South African financial services firm Discovery, and not-for-profit health fund GMHBA, has been received by members.
“It creates a new way to engage with insurance, allowing customers to experience the innovative offering and supporting them to be well, get well, and protect their future,” he said.
“In fact we believe in the importance of protection, health and wellbeing so much we want to champion Australia to be the healthiest and most protected nation in the world.”
The myOwn brand was launched on 31 July 2017.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- 12 Oct 2018ASIC takes action on compliance breachesBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FPA board announces new chairBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018New adviser capability added to IOOF offeringBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018AFA names new state directorsBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Oct 2018Westpac boss warns against further regulationBy Charbel Kadib
- view all