The Commonwealth Bank has engaged AUSTRAC in mediation as part of civil proceedings that the financial intelligence agency commenced against the bank last year.
In a statement to the ASX this morning, the bank referred a Federal Court order made on 22 March 2018 that mediation between the two parties occur by today, 25 May 2018, in relation to allegations AUSTRAC made against the bank.
“The parties have been engaged in mediation and discussions are continuing,” the statement said.
The mediations relate to Federal Court proceedings taken against the bank by AUSTRAC for more than 53,000 alleged contraventions of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
In December 2017, AUSTRAC expanded its list of alleged contraventions.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all