Former MLC head of group insurance product and strategy Stephen Sefton has joined life insurance provider MetLife to head group product.
In his new role, Mr Sefton will develop the company’s group insurance products and capabilities, which focus on claims management, early intervention and wellbeing, according to a MetLife statement.
Prior to the appointment, Mr Sefton spent four years at MLC Life Insurance where he was first manager and then head of group insurance product and strategy.
Before that, he was at First State Super for 14 years where he developed strategic initiatives, holding a number of operational, insurance, strategy and managerial roles.
Between 1993 and 1998, he was group superannuation manager and secretary at the Ampol and Caltex Group Superannuation Fund.
Mr Sefton reports to MetLife head of reinsurance and regulatory affairs James Carey, who said he was “very pleased that someone with such a strong track record and reputation” had joined the team.
“MetLife is the third largest provider of group insurance in the Australian market and we provide protection to approximately 2.6 million Australians,” he said.
“That’s a great responsibility and we’re committed to continually evolving our products to ensure they meet the changing needs of our customers.”
Mr Sefton has already commenced in his role.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Aug 2018Professional year an opportunity for exiting advisersBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Super members ‘readily’ taken advantage of: RCBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers’ interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- view all