Construction industry super fund Cbus has announced it will take up the voluntary insurance in superannuation code of practice.
In a statement, Cbus group executive brand, advocacy, marketing and product Robbie Campo said adopting the code meant the fund would continue to provide coverage to members “while establishing best practice guidance around expectations of group insurance provision”.
“Our members work in some of the toughest and riskiest conditions of any industry, which is why being able to access affordable insurance through superannuation is important and valuable to them,” she said.
Ms Campo said the code helped ensure coverage was provided to members without putting undue stress on their account balance.
“We believe the ode strikes the right balance between ensuring members receive adequate insurance cover while not paying unnecessary fees that eat into their retirement savings,” she said.
Cbus was a part of the Insurance In Superannuation Working Group that created the voluntary code.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all