Construction industry super fund Cbus has announced it will take up the voluntary insurance in superannuation code of practice.
In a statement, Cbus group executive brand, advocacy, marketing and product Robbie Campo said adopting the code meant the fund would continue to provide coverage to members “while establishing best practice guidance around expectations of group insurance provision”.
“Our members work in some of the toughest and riskiest conditions of any industry, which is why being able to access affordable insurance through superannuation is important and valuable to them,” she said.
Ms Campo said the code helped ensure coverage was provided to members without putting undue stress on their account balance.
“We believe the ode strikes the right balance between ensuring members receive adequate insurance cover while not paying unnecessary fees that eat into their retirement savings,” she said.
Cbus was a part of the Insurance In Superannuation Working Group that created the voluntary code.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all