Non-aligned dealer group Infocus has made a donation of almost $9,000 to the Starlight Children’s Foundation to help children living with serious illness.
The dealer group donated $8,340.50 to the charity, with Infocus managing director Darren Steinhardt commenting that such donations aligned with the work financial advisers already undertake daily.
“As financial advisers, we work hard to make a positive difference in the lives of our clients. Today, with the Starlight Foundation, we have been given the opportunity to also make a positive difference in the lives of seriously ill children and their families,” he said.
“The values of the Starlight Foundation and the amazing work they do really resonates with our team and with our financial adviser network. We are incredibly proud to offer this donation today.”
The money donated came from both fundraising initiatives organised by Infocus and from the dealer group’s advisers.
Starlight Foundation state partnerships manager Tracey Tomlin said the donation will “help brighten the lives of 213 seriously ill children and their families”.
“We rely on support such as this to help us deliver our in-hospital and community programs and we would not be able to do what we do without amazing organisations and individuals like you all,” she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Oct 2018Synchron launches app for adviser developmentBy Reporter
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- view all