Non-aligned dealer group Infocus has made a donation of almost $9,000 to the Starlight Children’s Foundation to help children living with serious illness.
The dealer group donated $8,340.50 to the charity, with Infocus managing director Darren Steinhardt commenting that such donations aligned with the work financial advisers already undertake daily.
“As financial advisers, we work hard to make a positive difference in the lives of our clients. Today, with the Starlight Foundation, we have been given the opportunity to also make a positive difference in the lives of seriously ill children and their families,” he said.
“The values of the Starlight Foundation and the amazing work they do really resonates with our team and with our financial adviser network. We are incredibly proud to offer this donation today.”
The money donated came from both fundraising initiatives organised by Infocus and from the dealer group’s advisers.
Starlight Foundation state partnerships manager Tracey Tomlin said the donation will “help brighten the lives of 213 seriously ill children and their families”.
“We rely on support such as this to help us deliver our in-hospital and community programs and we would not be able to do what we do without amazing organisations and individuals like you all,” she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Dec 2018Advice bodies reach code monitoring agreementBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Court lays charges against former Sydney adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Dec 2018Fiducian buys Vic financial planning businessBy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Dec 2018ASIC permanently bans Victorian adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Melbourne-based dealer group loses AFSLBy James Mitchell
- 18 Dec 2018AFA appoints new chair of women advocacy bodyBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all