Zurich has announced it will maintain ANZ’s OnePath brand after its acquisition of ANZ’s life insurance business is completed.
Speaking at a financial adviser road show recently, Zurich life and investments chief executive Tim Bailey said both the Zurich and OnePath brands will remain active following the completion of the transaction.
Zurich is in the process of acquiring ANZ's OnePath life insurance business, while IOOF is buying the bank's pensions and investments division.
Both transactions are on track to complete by November 2018.
"We know that both the Zurich and OnePath propositions are very highly regarded in the market and are regularly acknowledged for their strength across claims service, product innovation and value for money," Mr Bailey said.
Both brands will operate alongside each other in the Australian life insurance market, he said.
"Advisers are telling us they need more choice not less. The OneCare product range is well established and well regarded by customers and advisers alike, and we plan to invest further in that range, giving advisers more options to tailor cover to the specific needs of their clients," Mr Bailey said.
"We have very strong enduring partnerships with ANZ and IOOF going back many years and this has helped us make excellent progress with a reasonably complex transaction."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS required no proof for service fees, RC hearsBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- view all