A former KPMG executive has been appointed assistant commissioner for self-managed super funds at the Australian Taxation Office.
ifa sister title SMSF Adviser has reported that Dana Fleming has been named in the role following the departure of Kasey Macfarlane to another senior role at the taxman.
Ms Fleming is currently a KMPG partner and national lead in the big four firm’s asset and wealth management tax department.
“We wish her all the best in her new role at the Australian Taxation Office and thank her for her significant contribution to KPMG,” KPMG’s David Linke told SMSF Adviser.
KPMG tax partner Damian Ryan will take over from Ms Fleming when she takes up the government position.
The SMSF Association has issued a statement welcoming the appointment.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- 12 Oct 2018ASIC takes action on compliance breachesBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FPA board announces new chairBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018New adviser capability added to IOOF offeringBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018AFA names new state directorsBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Oct 2018Westpac boss warns against further regulationBy Charbel Kadib
- view all