A former KPMG executive has been appointed assistant commissioner for self-managed super funds at the Australian Taxation Office.
ifa sister title SMSF Adviser has reported that Dana Fleming has been named in the role following the departure of Kasey Macfarlane to another senior role at the taxman.
Ms Fleming is currently a KMPG partner and national lead in the big four firm’s asset and wealth management tax department.
“We wish her all the best in her new role at the Australian Taxation Office and thank her for her significant contribution to KPMG,” KPMG’s David Linke told SMSF Adviser.
KPMG tax partner Damian Ryan will take over from Ms Fleming when she takes up the government position.
The SMSF Association has issued a statement welcoming the appointment.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS required no proof for service fees, RC hearsBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- view all