A former KPMG executive has been appointed assistant commissioner for self-managed super funds at the Australian Taxation Office.
ifa sister title SMSF Adviser has reported that Dana Fleming has been named in the role following the departure of Kasey Macfarlane to another senior role at the taxman.
Ms Fleming is currently a KMPG partner and national lead in the big four firm’s asset and wealth management tax department.
“We wish her all the best in her new role at the Australian Taxation Office and thank her for her significant contribution to KPMG,” KPMG’s David Linke told SMSF Adviser.
KPMG tax partner Damian Ryan will take over from Ms Fleming when she takes up the government position.
The SMSF Association has issued a statement welcoming the appointment.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all