A former IOOF general manager of corporate development has been appointed as a non-executive director of Australian Ethical.
According to a statement by Australian Ethical, Julie Orr steps into the board position with more than 25 years of experience in superannuation, investment, financial planning, stockbroking, insurance, acquisitions and business integrations, including nine years at IOOF in general manager roles.
Before this, she spent five years at Standard & Poors (S&P) from 2003 to 2008 in a number of senior positions, including director of finance for India and Asia-Pacific, director of fund data and client services for Australia and Hong Kong, and head of operations at ASSIRT Research.
Ms Orr was also chief operating officer at Ibbotson Associates (formerly Intech), head of research at Morningstar from 1997 to 2000, and senior audit manager, superannuation at Ernst & Young.
She is also currently a director at Perennial Value Management and Ord Minnett Limited.
Australian Ethical chairman Steve Gibbs said the fund board was looking forward to working with Ms Orr.
“Julie is a highly experienced executive with deep operational and industry expertise, and her skillset will support the ongoing growth of our business,” he said.
The addition of Ms Orr brings the Australian Ethical Investment Limited board to an even gender split.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:42Platform provider remains ahead of the packBy Eliot Hastie
- 10:33Wentworth loss opens Coalition to FASEA changesBy James Mitchell
- 10:33NEOS Life assembles underwriting teamBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018ASIC reveals findings of CBA enforceable undertakingBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018ARCO fund added to BT Panorama platformBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018NAB well-placed to sell MLC wealth businessBy James Mitchell
- view all