A manager from within the AMP dealer group stables has joined XY Adviser co-founder Adrian Patty to build accounting-focused consultancy Spark Partners.
Shaun Green, a former manager with AMP subsidiaries Charter Financial Planning, Jigsaw Licensee Services and AMP Advice, has joined Spark Partners as head of partnerships.
Mr Patty, who is also principal of AMP-aligned AP Financial Solutions, confirmed the recruitment to ifa, explaining that Mr Green has the right qualifications to help the fledgling consulting firm breaking into the accounting market.
Spark Partners advises accounting firms on developing a financial advice business via what its founder calls a “tech-enabled out of the box solution”.
Mr Green, who held roles at Dixon Advisory and BT before joining Australia’s largest financial advice network, will work on business development and consulting to Spark’s accounting clients.
“Shaun has worked with some of the most successful advice businesses in Australia and many of them have great relationships with accountants,” Mr Patty said.
“With accountants being forced to enter the compliance world of financial advice, we saw an opportunity to deliver value.
“Most advice businesses struggle to keep up with the regulatory regime, let alone a new accounting firm who has no experience dealing with the requirements.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2018Queensland man charged over 'false' AFSL documentsBy Reporter
- 24 Oct 2018Accountants compromised by FASEA standardsBy Jotham Lian
- 24 Oct 2018Robo-advice register aims to bridge client service gapBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Oct 2018Platform provider remains ahead of the packBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Oct 2018Wentworth loss opens Coalition to FASEA changesBy James Mitchell
- 22 Oct 2018ASIC reveals findings of CBA enforceable undertakingBy Adrian Flores
- view all