A manager from within the AMP dealer group stables has joined XY Adviser co-founder Adrian Patty to build accounting-focused consultancy Spark Partners.
Shaun Green, a former manager with AMP subsidiaries Charter Financial Planning, Jigsaw Licensee Services and AMP Advice, has joined Spark Partners as head of partnerships.
Mr Patty, who is also principal of AMP-aligned AP Financial Solutions, confirmed the recruitment to ifa, explaining that Mr Green has the right qualifications to help the fledgling consulting firm breaking into the accounting market.
Spark Partners advises accounting firms on developing a financial advice business via what its founder calls a “tech-enabled out of the box solution”.
Mr Green, who held roles at Dixon Advisory and BT before joining Australia’s largest financial advice network, will work on business development and consulting to Spark’s accounting clients.
“Shaun has worked with some of the most successful advice businesses in Australia and many of them have great relationships with accountants,” Mr Patty said.
“With accountants being forced to enter the compliance world of financial advice, we saw an opportunity to deliver value.
“Most advice businesses struggle to keep up with the regulatory regime, let alone a new accounting firm who has no experience dealing with the requirements.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all