The Cancer Council and FPA’s pro bono financial planning referral service has been added to a global ‘map of impact’ as part World Cancer Day on Sunday, 4 February.
The referral program connects FPA members with individuals and families affected by cancer to provide them with access to financial advice, and this year was added to the World Cancer Day Map of Impact – which outlines activities and services available to cancer patients worldwide.
“Financial planners can make a huge difference to families in need of assistance. They can help people with accessing superannuation and insurance, reviewing existing insurance policies and managing finances,” said FPA chief executive Dante De Gori.
“The program is contributing to the wellbeing of people affected by cancer by reducing stress and financial burden. I am proud of the charitable work being done by our members, and look forward to seeing the financial planning community helping more Australians in need.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Feb 2019ASIC probe finds widespread inappropriate advice at HSBCBy James Mitchell
- 20 Feb 2019IOOF profit up, advice margins downBy Sarah Simpkins
- 20 Feb 2019SMSF accountant enters EU with ASICBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Feb 2019Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- view all