BT Financial Group has announced it has added Ardea Investment Management’s Real Outcome Fund to the Panorama, BT Wrap and SuperWrap platforms.
The fund, which has already been included on Netwealth and PowerWrap’s platforms, invests in government bonds with the aim of profiting from inflation and providing “stable returns that protect purchasing power and grow wealth”, according to a statement.
It holds over $1.2 billion funds under management and delivered returns of 4.56 per cent in the year up to December 2017, it said.
Ardea principal and co-founder Ben Alexander expressed pride in the fund’s ability to “consistently outperform against cash and inflation since inception, while remaining uncorrelated to broader equity and bond markets”.
“To date, it has proved to be a reliable defensive fixed income solution that prioritises liquidity and capital preservation, with minimal credit risk and no leverage,” he said.
“We believe it can play an important role in diversified portfolios, especially at a time when returns available from conventional fixed income performance drivers are low.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- 12 Oct 2018ASIC takes action on compliance breachesBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FPA board announces new chairBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018New adviser capability added to IOOF offeringBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018AFA names new state directorsBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Oct 2018Westpac boss warns against further regulationBy Charbel Kadib
- view all