The AFA has announced it will host the 15th annual general meeting of the Asia Pacific Financial Services Association in Sydney this year.
The Asia Pacific Financial Services Association (APFinSA) represents over 100,000 financial service professionals from 11 nations in the Asia-Pacific region, a statement from the AFA said.
“This is an auspicious occasion because it is the first time the APFinSA AGM will be held on Australian soil,” said AFA national president Marc Bineham.
“It is our opportunity to show leaders from the APAC advice community first-hand the very high quality of the Australian advice profession and how our focus on higher education, client outcomes and connecting with people is redefining what advisers learn and practice.”
The AGM will see 50 leaders from within the APFinSA organisation descend on Sydney from 29 January until 1 February 2018, the statement said.
AFA general manager, member services, partnerships and campus Nick Hakes, who also serves as vice chair of APFinSA’s International Certification and Standards Board (ICSB), said the organisation looked forward to hosting the event.
“The Australian advice profession and our education pathways are held in the highest esteem by our Asia-Pacific neighbours and we are delighted to host the APFinSA’s 15th annual AGM.”
The ICSB, which oversees APFinSA’s education pathways and certifications, will also meet in Sydney prior to the AGM.
AFA chief executive Phil Kewin recently spoke with ifa regarding Australian adviser education pathways, saying local advisers will need to “work co-operatively as a financial advice sector” to meet the incoming FASEA standards.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all