ASIC has cancelled the Australian Credit Licence of mortgage brokerage Wealth First Lending for failing to comply with financial services laws.
An investigation by the corporate regulator found that the brokerage failed to “have adequate arrangements in place to ensure compliance with its general conduct obligations under the National Credit Act, comply with the conditions on its licence and lodge its annual compliance certificate”.
The company also failed to respond to an ASIC notice.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2018Queensland man charged over 'false' AFSL documentsBy Reporter
- 24 Oct 2018Accountants compromised by FASEA standardsBy Jotham Lian
- 24 Oct 2018Robo-advice register aims to bridge client service gapBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Oct 2018Platform provider remains ahead of the packBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Oct 2018Wentworth loss opens Coalition to FASEA changesBy James Mitchell
- 22 Oct 2018ASIC reveals findings of CBA enforceable undertakingBy Adrian Flores
- view all