ASIC has cancelled the Australian Credit Licence of mortgage brokerage Wealth First Lending for failing to comply with financial services laws.
An investigation by the corporate regulator found that the brokerage failed to “have adequate arrangements in place to ensure compliance with its general conduct obligations under the National Credit Act, comply with the conditions on its licence and lodge its annual compliance certificate”.
The company also failed to respond to an ASIC notice.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2018Government releases 2018 financial literacy strategyBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2018Product design laws could ‘undermine’ FOFABy Tim Stewart
- 20 Aug 2018Carve-outs must be addressed before commissions: AIOFPBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Professional year an opportunity for exiting advisersBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- view all