Centrepoint Alliance has named Angus Benbow as its next chief executive, who will commence in the role in April of next year.
Mr Benbow is currently the CEO of Shadforth Financial Group, and has been involved in the financial services sector for more than 20 years.
The news follow the resignation of former managing director and chief executive John de Zwart in August 2017.
Centrepoint chairman Alan Fisher said Mr Benbow’s prior experience positions him well for the new role.
“On behalf of the board of directors, I am delighted to welcome Angus to the company.
"His proven leadership skills and passion for quality financial advice make him a great addition to the Centrepoint team,” he said.
“The board of directors would also like to thank Ms Soula Cargakis for her significant efforts and ongoing commitment to the Centrepoint team as interim CEO. Ms Cargakis will resume her role as distribution and marketing executive when Mr Benbow joins the company.”
Mr Benbow described his new role as “a very flexible platform from which to truly innovate in the Australian advice marketplace”, adding that he looks forward to leading Centrepoint in “an increasingly fragmented advice market”.
“In so many instances, incumbent technology and legacy systems have shackled the advice profession from delivering advice in a manner which is best aligned to client needs,” he said.
“I’m excited for the opportunity to lead a business that is truly client led in what I believe will become an increasingly fragmented advice sector.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:42Platform provider remains ahead of the packBy Eliot Hastie
- 10:33Wentworth loss opens Coalition to FASEA changesBy James Mitchell
- 10:33NEOS Life assembles underwriting teamBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018ASIC reveals findings of CBA enforceable undertakingBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018ARCO fund added to BT Panorama platformBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018NAB well-placed to sell MLC wealth businessBy James Mitchell
- view all