Centrepoint Alliance has named Angus Benbow as its next chief executive, who will commence in the role in April of next year.
Mr Benbow is currently the CEO of Shadforth Financial Group, and has been involved in the financial services sector for more than 20 years.
The news follow the resignation of former managing director and chief executive John de Zwart in August 2017.
Centrepoint chairman Alan Fisher said Mr Benbow’s prior experience positions him well for the new role.
“On behalf of the board of directors, I am delighted to welcome Angus to the company.
"His proven leadership skills and passion for quality financial advice make him a great addition to the Centrepoint team,” he said.
“The board of directors would also like to thank Ms Soula Cargakis for her significant efforts and ongoing commitment to the Centrepoint team as interim CEO. Ms Cargakis will resume her role as distribution and marketing executive when Mr Benbow joins the company.”
Mr Benbow described his new role as “a very flexible platform from which to truly innovate in the Australian advice marketplace”, adding that he looks forward to leading Centrepoint in “an increasingly fragmented advice market”.
“In so many instances, incumbent technology and legacy systems have shackled the advice profession from delivering advice in a manner which is best aligned to client needs,” he said.
“I’m excited for the opportunity to lead a business that is truly client led in what I believe will become an increasingly fragmented advice sector.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all