Melbourne-based Dunsford Financial Planning intends to acquire a number of new practices following an injection of capital from AZ Next Generation Advisory.
Speaking to ifa, Dunsford Financial Planning chief executive Mark Dunsford said the business hopes to buy more practices in the coming years using the funds raised through its recent acquisition by AZ Next Generation Advisory, a subsidiary of Italian fund manager Azimut.
“Dunsford Financial Planning has bought eight practices in the last 10 years, and we’re planning to acquire some more,” he said.
“We’ll be using the capital from the AZ NGA deal to fund those acquisitions.”
Last week, Mr Dunsford announced that the practice has joined the Synchron network, which the practice head explained would let him see more clients.
“I’ve known [Synchron director] Don Trapnell for 30 plus years,” Mr Dunsford said.
“I didn’t want to deal with the compliance side of running a national licence; I want to focus more on clients in the next few years.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Oct 2018ASIC reveals findings of CBA enforceable undertakingBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018ARCO fund added to BT Panorama platformBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018NAB well-placed to sell MLC wealth businessBy James Mitchell
- 22 Oct 2018CBA announces appointment of CFOBy Reporter
- 22 Oct 2018‘We’ve taken too long’ to fix advice problems: NABBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- view all