The AIOFP has appointed two prominent academics and a practising financial adviser to its board of directors.
At the association’s annual general meeting on Hamilton Island on Friday, Professor Sarath Delpachitra, Adrian Raftery and Halle Yilmaz were elected to the board.
Well known to AIOFP members, Professor Delpachritra is a Shanghai-based economist who has worked closely with the association in established the Certified Financial Strategist program.
Adrian Raftery is a lecturer and researcher at Deakin University Business School, and a practising accountant and financial adviser under the business name Mr Taxman.
Halle Yilmaz is a Melbourne-based financial adviser and an authorised representative of AIOFP member licensee Lifespan. Ms Yilmaz is the first woman to be appointed to the board in the association’s 19-year history.
The members also ratified a five-year extension for AIOFP co-founder and executive director Peter Johnston.
Speaking to ifa following the AGM, Mr Johnston said the new recruits would help the association achieve its dream of being the voice for professional, non-institutional financial advisers.
“The wealth of experience and competence of this trio when blended with the current directors provides an exciting platform for the AIOFP’s future growth, guidance and protection of its members,” he said.
Beacon Group chief executive and AIOFP chairman Peter Daly and Pinn Deavin director and accountant Michael Pinn will continue in their current board director duties.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS required no proof for service fees, RC hearsBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- view all