The AIOFP has appointed two prominent academics and a practising financial adviser to its board of directors.
At the association’s annual general meeting on Hamilton Island on Friday, Professor Sarath Delpachitra, Adrian Raftery and Halle Yilmaz were elected to the board.
Well known to AIOFP members, Professor Delpachritra is a Shanghai-based economist who has worked closely with the association in established the Certified Financial Strategist program.
Adrian Raftery is a lecturer and researcher at Deakin University Business School, and a practising accountant and financial adviser under the business name Mr Taxman.
Halle Yilmaz is a Melbourne-based financial adviser and an authorised representative of AIOFP member licensee Lifespan. Ms Yilmaz is the first woman to be appointed to the board in the association’s 19-year history.
The members also ratified a five-year extension for AIOFP co-founder and executive director Peter Johnston.
Speaking to ifa following the AGM, Mr Johnston said the new recruits would help the association achieve its dream of being the voice for professional, non-institutional financial advisers.
“The wealth of experience and competence of this trio when blended with the current directors provides an exciting platform for the AIOFP’s future growth, guidance and protection of its members,” he said.
Beacon Group chief executive and AIOFP chairman Peter Daly and Pinn Deavin director and accountant Michael Pinn will continue in their current board director duties.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all