The AFA and robo-advice innovator Map My Plan have entered a commercial partnership to help reach the majority of Australians who do not currently seek financial advice.
At the AFA’s national adviser conference on the Gold Coast today, AFA spokesperson Nick Hakes announced that the association has inked a deal that will see members gain a free 30-day subscription and discounted access to the Map My Plan For Advisers product.
“We can’t sit on the sidelines and look at robo-advice and digital advice and not do anything about it,” Mr Hakes told conference delegates.
He said the partnership will allow AFA members to reach prospective clients they haven’t previously and urge them to “start their advice journey”.
Under the terms of the deal, Map My Plan will donate 10 per cent of subscription fees from conference delegates to financial literacy initiatives.
Map My Plan was named Innovator of the Year (Company) at the 2017 ifa Excellence Awards.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2017Super bills tabled in Federal ParliamentBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Government to beef up misconduct penaltiesBy Killian Plastow
- 24 Oct 2017CPA hurt by ‘negative undertones’ in financial adviceBy Aleks Vickovich and Katarina Taurian
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- view all