Lonsec will provide investment research and consulting services to Synchron as part of a new agreement between the two firms.
Synchron has agreed to make Lonsec its preferred research provider, which will give the dealer group’s advisers access to a range of portfolio construction tools, as well as the iRate platform.
Lonsec will also provide consulting services to “enhance” Synchron’s approved product list, according to a statement by the research provider.
Lonsec Research chief executive Matt Olsen said he was excited to be working with “Australia’s largest group of non-aligned financial advisers”.
“Our focus is on delivering a solution that matches the depth and sophistication of Synchron’s financial advice, while providing them with the cutting-edge tools they need to create better investment outcomes for their clients,” Mr Olsen said.
Synchron director John Prossor said he was pleased to be supported by the “depth and experience of Lonsec’s investment team”.
“Lonsec’s superior portfolio tools mean Synchron is best placed to continue to meet client demand for higher-value financial advice and tailored investment solutions,” Mr Prossor said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 11 Dec 2018ASIC cancels AFSL of Queensland groupBy Eliot Hastie
- 11 Dec 2018Liberal Party has done ‘almost nothing’ for advisersBy James Mitchell
- 11 Dec 2018Better advice complaints resolution needed, says ASICBy Adrian Flores
- 11 Dec 2018Wealth management holders unlikely to seek adviceBy Sarah Simpkins
- 10 Dec 2018Only 12% of advice practices have exit plansBy Adrian Flores
- 10 Dec 2018CIPRs need to account for future mortality rates, study findsBy Adrian Flores
- view all