The FPA has announced that the Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB) will be hosting the first World Financial Planning Day on 4 October 2017 during the International Organization of Securities Commissions’ (IOSCO) World Investor Week.
The FPA will be lending its support to the event by publishing new articles on its website, sharing insights and joining in on the global social media conversation.
IOSCO secretary general Paul Andrews said, “IOSCO recognises that the need for investor education and protection has never been greater, and we are pleased that FPSB has rallied the global financial planning community to support World Investor Week.”
FPA chief executive Dante De Gori also stated that he is excited that the FPA will be supporting the first World Financial Planning Day, as this will empower more consumers to take control of their finances.
“World Financial Planning Day is a great initiative that will raise awareness of the financial planning profession and how FPA members can help Australians save and invest to improve their financial wellbeing and build a better future,” Mr De Gori said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all