The FPA has announced that the Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB) will be hosting the first World Financial Planning Day on 4 October 2017 during the International Organization of Securities Commissions’ (IOSCO) World Investor Week.
The FPA will be lending its support to the event by publishing new articles on its website, sharing insights and joining in on the global social media conversation.
IOSCO secretary general Paul Andrews said, “IOSCO recognises that the need for investor education and protection has never been greater, and we are pleased that FPSB has rallied the global financial planning community to support World Investor Week.”
FPA chief executive Dante De Gori also stated that he is excited that the FPA will be supporting the first World Financial Planning Day, as this will empower more consumers to take control of their finances.
“World Financial Planning Day is a great initiative that will raise awareness of the financial planning profession and how FPA members can help Australians save and invest to improve their financial wellbeing and build a better future,” Mr De Gori said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all