Hub24 has added Australian Unity’s Diversified Property Fund to its Investor Directed Portfolio Service platform.
The fund “aims to deliver consistent income distributions with the potential for capital growth”, an Australian Unity spokesperson said.
Fund manager Nikki Panagopoulos said, “The fund’s strategy is to continue to add value to its existing portfolio, with an active development pipeline underway across a number of properties.
“This includes redeveloping the Dog Swamp shopping centre in Western Australia and adding a new format ALDI supermarket, and food and beverage entertainment precinct.”
The diversification of assets in the fund, which owns eight retail, office and industrial properties in various states across Australia, would provide investors with consistent income distributions during economic flux, Ms Panagopoulos said.
“We know that many retailers continue to experience tough trading conditions and the entrance of disruptors to the market, such as Amazon, is another wildcard for the sector,” she said.
“The fund’s investments in neighbourhood shopping centres, which are underpinned by supermarkets and non-discretionary convenience retailers, are key to its consistent income returns.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all