The finalists for the Association of Financial Advisers’ Adviser of the Year and Practice of the Year awards have been released.
Nominees for the awards, a joint venture between the AFA and Zurich, were created to recognise “qualities of leadership, innovation, customer focus and professional excellence” within the financial advice industry.
Three finalists have been announced for each of the two categories, with the Adviser of the Year finalists being judged on their contribution to the improvement of financial literacy among their community, and Practice of the Year finalists on their contribution to innovation and the betterment of the industry.
“Every finalist has invested in themselves and their business, and to reach this stage of the judging process is an achievement in itself,” said AFA chief executive Phil Kewin.
“Not to mention all of those who are striving to be the best, who did not make this year's finalist. They should be all very proud, and I congratulate them all for their commitment. When looking at those representing our profession, we certainly have a lot to be proud of.”
The finalists for the Adviser of the Year award are:
- Charles Fraser of Shadforth Financial Group
- Glen James of Fortify Financial
- Julia Schortinghuis of Lighthouse Capital
The finalists for the Practice of the Year award are:
- Australian Financial Risk Management
- PFG Financial Services
The winners of both categories will be announced at a gala dinner on 13 October.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Sep 2017Labor slams mooted ASIC appointmentBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Sep 2017‘Modest start’ for Australian super fundsBy Jessica Yun
- view all