The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) and ANZ have announced their list of finallists for the 2017 Rising Star of the Year award.
The award, which recognises the contributions made to the industry by advisers with less than four years’ experience, is now in its 13th year.
“The AFA Rising Star Award plays a critical role in unearthing exciting new talent in our profession,” said AFA chief executive Phil Kewin.
“These new stars not only act as role models for their peers but also represent the future leaders advocating the value of advice. We are delighted once again to partner with ANZ Wealth to nurture and grow the advice community.”
ANZ Wealth head of sales Don Sillar said the six finalists have “each made a positive impact in this industry” through their community engagement, client services and the quality of their advice.
“Each year the judges are consistently impressed with this award’s calibre of nominees and 2017 is no exception,” he said.
The six finalists for the 2017 Rising Star of the Year awards are:
Andrew Debono, financial adviser at Announcer Group
Karlee Hoog-Antink, financial adviser, Elders Financial Planning Mackay
Keats Brydon, financial adviser, Finn Financial Planning
Lauren Walker, private client adviser, Euroz Securities Limited
Mia Taylor, financial adviser, Evalesco Financial Services
Sam Jewell, financial adviser, Rising Tide Financial Services
The winner will be announced at an event at the Gold Coast on 11 October.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Sep 2017Labor slams mooted ASIC appointmentBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Sep 2017‘Modest start’ for Australian super fundsBy Jessica Yun
- view all