MLC Life Insurance has announced the appointment of Debbie Kennedy to the role of chief underwriter.
Prior to her appointment, Ms Kennedy was the group head of protection strategy at UK life insurer Royal London. As the new chief underwriter, her responsibilities will include the execution and development of underwriting strategy, as well as new business and underwriting operations.
MLC Life Insurance chief customer officer for retail advised insurance Melissa Heyhoe said, “Debbie’s intimate knowledge of UnderwriteMe and innovation in the area of predictive analytics will be invaluable as we seek to provide a more streamlined and efficient underwriting process for customers and advisers.
“Our ambition is to become Australia’s leading and most trusted life insurer. By attracting international talent like Debbie, we are making further inroads to delivering the best income and life protection solutions for the Australian market.”
Ms Kennedy will commence her position later in 2017.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018Suncorp Advice enters deal with MidwinterBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all