AIA Australia has launched Claims on Wheels – a service that provides “door-to-door” support to customers in the event of a health crisis with an initial focus on cancer claims.
In a statement yesterday, life insurance company AIA Australia announced it is piloting its Claims on Wheels service in Victoria.
The service is free of charge and will provide door-to-door support in the face of significant health events.
“In a crisis, clients will be given their own personal claims consultant who can assist through the claims process, and offer resources to form a support network for the client and their family linking them to the services available to help them through their journey,” the statement said.
The pilot of Claims on Wheels will focus on crisis claims, specifically cancer claims, the firm said.
“If a client is to undergo treatment for their cancer diagnosis, AIA Australia will also provide them with a cancer kit that will provide them with the essential products to help them get through their illness,” the statement said.
“Moving away from the traditional method of claim lodgement, Claims on Wheels will take care of the claims process for AIA Australia clients so that they can get back to taking care of themselves during their illness.”
If successful, the Claims on Wheels service will be rolled out to other states in Australia, the firm said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all