AIA Australia has launched Claims on Wheels – a service that provides “door-to-door” support to customers in the event of a health crisis with an initial focus on cancer claims.
In a statement yesterday, life insurance company AIA Australia announced it is piloting its Claims on Wheels service in Victoria.
The service is free of charge and will provide door-to-door support in the face of significant health events.
“In a crisis, clients will be given their own personal claims consultant who can assist through the claims process, and offer resources to form a support network for the client and their family linking them to the services available to help them through their journey,” the statement said.
The pilot of Claims on Wheels will focus on crisis claims, specifically cancer claims, the firm said.
“If a client is to undergo treatment for their cancer diagnosis, AIA Australia will also provide them with a cancer kit that will provide them with the essential products to help them get through their illness,” the statement said.
“Moving away from the traditional method of claim lodgement, Claims on Wheels will take care of the claims process for AIA Australia clients so that they can get back to taking care of themselves during their illness.”
If successful, the Claims on Wheels service will be rolled out to other states in Australia, the firm said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all