Australia’s “first certification mark for ethical financial advice” has been launched and can now be obtained by individual advisers.
In a statement, advice consultancy firm Certainty Advice Group announced it has launched a certification mark for ethical advice — dubbed the ‘Certainty Advice’ mark.
The mark certifies an individual adviser and as per any certification mark, there are checks to ensure compliance and adherence, the statement from Certainty Advice said.
“The mark certifies advisers who adhere to include common approaches: how value is determined for clients, how clients are engaged and re-engaged every year, and how advice is priced without conflict. Being comprehensive and priced on value, it’s different from what most clients have experienced.
Managing director of Certainty Advice Group, Jim Stackpool said, “Since 2005, we have always had a simple objective — consistent and methodical delivery of comprehensive and ethical advice without any real or perceived conflict or incentives. So by creating this new certification mark — called Certainty Advice — we are certifying our approach to not only make it accessible to more advisers, but more Australians.”
Mr Stackpool believes that while the new certification will take some time to take hold in the financial advice world, it will ultimately deliver comprehensive and ethical value for more Australians every year, the statement said.
“It’s not for every adviser, but I do believe this form of financial advice will be more accepted by most Australians by 2030,” Mr Stackpool said
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Sep 2017Labor slams mooted ASIC appointmentBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Sep 2017‘Modest start’ for Australian super fundsBy Jessica Yun
- view all