Online jobs marketplace Airtasker has partnered with an insurance company to launch a “world-first” income protection insurance product for on-demand workers in the sharing economy.
In a statement yesterday, Airtasker – an online and mobile marketplace that enables users to outsource everyday tasks and find on-demand workers – announced it has partnered with insurance company Roobyx to launch a “world-first income protection insurance product for people working in the sharing economy”.
Roobyx is an insurance company catered to on-demand workers.
The new income protection insurance product will allow Airtasker workers to set aside part of their earnings on the platform towards insurance that provides continuity of income in the case of an injury that results in loss of work, the statement said.
Airtasker chief executive Tim Fung said, “Whilst Australia leads the way in terms of protection for workers in the full-time labour economy, together with Roobyx we’re now starting the process of bringing these same protections to Airtasker and the sharing economy.”
Airtasker already provides third party liability insurance to all members of the Airtasker community. The new product expands on this to offer income protection insurance for Airtasker workers should they not be able to work due to an injury.
The income protection insurance product offered by Roobyx is accessible directly via the Airtasker platform and reflects the worker's earning patterns in the sharing economy. The Airtasker worker initially selects the level of cover and benefits they feel best suits how they work.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018‘Never been a better time’ for advice: MorningstarBy Killian Plastow
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all