ASIC has announced that it will be removing John Evennett of NSW from his position as an approved self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) auditor after he was found to have violated certain audit requirements.
Mr Evennett was found to have breached audit evidence requirements of Australian auditing standards, as well as auditor independence requirements of APES 110 Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants.
ASIC commissioner John Price stated that SMSF auditors are essential when it comes to maintaining the image of the SMSF sector, which is why auditors must always adhere to their professional standards.
“ASIC will continue to take action where the conduct of SMSF auditors is inadequate,” Mr Price concluded.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018‘Never been a better time’ for advice: MorningstarBy Killian Plastow
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all