ASIC has announced that it will be removing John Evennett of NSW from his position as an approved self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) auditor after he was found to have violated certain audit requirements.
Mr Evennett was found to have breached audit evidence requirements of Australian auditing standards, as well as auditor independence requirements of APES 110 Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants.
ASIC commissioner John Price stated that SMSF auditors are essential when it comes to maintaining the image of the SMSF sector, which is why auditors must always adhere to their professional standards.
“ASIC will continue to take action where the conduct of SMSF auditors is inadequate,” Mr Price concluded.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2017Super bills tabled in Federal ParliamentBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Government to beef up misconduct penaltiesBy Killian Plastow
- 24 Oct 2017CPA hurt by ‘negative undertones’ in financial adviceBy Aleks Vickovich and Katarina Taurian
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- view all