Equity Trustees has named Australian politician and business leader Jeff Kennett as its next chairman following the departure of current chairman Tony Killen from October.
Mr Kennett was a member of the Victorian state parliament from 1976 to 1999 and since then has taken on a number of executive roles in the private sector, including director of Seven West Media and president of the Hawthorn Football Club.
He is also the founder of government-backed mental health initiative Beyondblue.
He has been a director of EQT for nine-years, serving on the remuneration, HR and nomination committee.
“Jeff is a highly accomplished business and community leader, with extensive experience in both the public and private sectors and a track record of outstanding success,” said Mr Killen.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2017Super bills tabled in Federal ParliamentBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Government to beef up misconduct penaltiesBy Killian Plastow
- 24 Oct 2017CPA hurt by ‘negative undertones’ in financial adviceBy Aleks Vickovich and Katarina Taurian
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- view all