Equity Trustees has named Australian politician and business leader Jeff Kennett as its next chairman following the departure of current chairman Tony Killen from October.
Mr Kennett was a member of the Victorian state parliament from 1976 to 1999 and since then has taken on a number of executive roles in the private sector, including director of Seven West Media and president of the Hawthorn Football Club.
He is also the founder of government-backed mental health initiative Beyondblue.
He has been a director of EQT for nine-years, serving on the remuneration, HR and nomination committee.
“Jeff is a highly accomplished business and community leader, with extensive experience in both the public and private sectors and a track record of outstanding success,” said Mr Killen.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Feb 2019ASIC probe finds widespread inappropriate advice at HSBCBy James Mitchell
- 20 Feb 2019IOOF profit up, advice margins downBy Sarah Simpkins
- 20 Feb 2019SMSF accountant enters EU with ASICBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Feb 2019Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- view all