Equity Trustees has named Australian politician and business leader Jeff Kennett as its next chairman following the departure of current chairman Tony Killen from October.
Mr Kennett was a member of the Victorian state parliament from 1976 to 1999 and since then has taken on a number of executive roles in the private sector, including director of Seven West Media and president of the Hawthorn Football Club.
He is also the founder of government-backed mental health initiative Beyondblue.
He has been a director of EQT for nine-years, serving on the remuneration, HR and nomination committee.
“Jeff is a highly accomplished business and community leader, with extensive experience in both the public and private sectors and a track record of outstanding success,” said Mr Killen.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 12 Dec 2018FASEA confirms accreditation processBy James Mitchell
- 12 Dec 2018Aussie advice business partners with Bank of IrelandBy James Mitchell
- 12 Dec 2018Industry association aims to reverse 'crippling' LIFBy James Mitchell
- 11 Dec 2018ASIC cancels AFSL of Queensland groupBy Eliot Hastie
- 12 Dec 2018Advisers placed in TPB firing lineBy Katarina Taurian
- 11 Dec 2018Liberal Party has done ‘almost nothing’ for advisersBy James Mitchell
- view all