Equity Trustees has named Australian politician and business leader Jeff Kennett as its next chairman following the departure of current chairman Tony Killen from October.
Mr Kennett was a member of the Victorian state parliament from 1976 to 1999 and since then has taken on a number of executive roles in the private sector, including director of Seven West Media and president of the Hawthorn Football Club.
He is also the founder of government-backed mental health initiative Beyondblue.
He has been a director of EQT for nine-years, serving on the remuneration, HR and nomination committee.
“Jeff is a highly accomplished business and community leader, with extensive experience in both the public and private sectors and a track record of outstanding success,” said Mr Killen.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- 12 Oct 2018ASIC takes action on compliance breachesBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FPA board announces new chairBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018New adviser capability added to IOOF offeringBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018AFA names new state directorsBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Oct 2018Westpac boss warns against further regulationBy Charbel Kadib
- view all