Equity Trustees has named Australian politician and business leader Jeff Kennett as its next chairman following the departure of current chairman Tony Killen from October.
Mr Kennett was a member of the Victorian state parliament from 1976 to 1999 and since then has taken on a number of executive roles in the private sector, including director of Seven West Media and president of the Hawthorn Football Club.
He is also the founder of government-backed mental health initiative Beyondblue.
He has been a director of EQT for nine-years, serving on the remuneration, HR and nomination committee.
“Jeff is a highly accomplished business and community leader, with extensive experience in both the public and private sectors and a track record of outstanding success,” said Mr Killen.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS required no proof for service fees, RC hearsBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- view all