The FPA is looking to recruit a professional standards lawyer to advise executives and liaise with regulators and dispute resolution authorities.
A post on jobseeker website Seek explains that the FPA aims to recruit a legal professional with expertise in litigation, advocacy or investigations to work on relevant matters under the FPA Professional Framework.
The successful candidate will not only advise the executive team and key stakeholders, but also contribute to training and CPD materials for members and make recommendations for the professional association to “improve the effectiveness” of its various policies and procedures.
They may also be involved in contributing to complaint investigations, disciplinary proceedings and liaison with “external stakeholders bodies such as EDR schemes and regulators”, according to the online job description.
A candidate with strong existing knowledge of the financial advice industry is preferred, the post indicates, including familiarity with relevant legislation affecting advisers and their PI insurance obligations.
“The team at the FPA are passionate about what they do,” the post states. “They want to improve the profession and deliver better outcomes for the community and the profession. Staff at the FPA enjoy coming to work and making a difference.”
Recruitment and “corporate psychology” firm Paul Dickinson Consulting has been contracted to assist with the search.
The recruitment drive comes as the FPA gears up for the annual Financial Planning Week, which kicks off on Monday, 21 August.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 12 Dec 2018FASEA confirms accreditation processBy James Mitchell
- 12 Dec 2018Aussie advice business partners with Bank of IrelandBy James Mitchell
- 12 Dec 2018Industry association aims to reverse 'crippling' LIFBy James Mitchell
- 11 Dec 2018ASIC cancels AFSL of Queensland groupBy Eliot Hastie
- 12 Dec 2018Advisers placed in TPB firing lineBy Katarina Taurian
- 11 Dec 2018Liberal Party has done ‘almost nothing’ for advisersBy James Mitchell
- view all