A former ASIC senior manager has joined Industry Super Australia (ISA) as a senior adviser.
Nick Coates will return to ISA as a senior adviser focusing on regulatory change and government policy, according to a statement.
Dr Coates previously worked at ISA from 2007 to 2009 as head of government relations and policy.
ISA chief executive David Whiteley said he looked forward to Dr Coates’ contribution to the ISA team.
“Nick brings more than a decade of knowledge and expertise relating to financial services and regulatory policy, which will strengthen ISA’s capacity to defend the interests of members against adverse policy change,” Mr Whiteley said.
Dr Coates has had experience in both the public and private sector, having spent three years at EY overseeing financial services risk management following six years at prudential regulator ASIC as senior manager of consumer protection and financial advice.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all