A former ASIC senior manager has joined Industry Super Australia (ISA) as a senior adviser.
Nick Coates will return to ISA as a senior adviser focusing on regulatory change and government policy, according to a statement.
Dr Coates previously worked at ISA from 2007 to 2009 as head of government relations and policy.
ISA chief executive David Whiteley said he looked forward to Dr Coates’ contribution to the ISA team.
“Nick brings more than a decade of knowledge and expertise relating to financial services and regulatory policy, which will strengthen ISA’s capacity to defend the interests of members against adverse policy change,” Mr Whiteley said.
Dr Coates has had experience in both the public and private sector, having spent three years at EY overseeing financial services risk management following six years at prudential regulator ASIC as senior manager of consumer protection and financial advice.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all