A former ASIC senior manager has joined Industry Super Australia (ISA) as a senior adviser.
Nick Coates will return to ISA as a senior adviser focusing on regulatory change and government policy, according to a statement.
Dr Coates previously worked at ISA from 2007 to 2009 as head of government relations and policy.
ISA chief executive David Whiteley said he looked forward to Dr Coates’ contribution to the ISA team.
“Nick brings more than a decade of knowledge and expertise relating to financial services and regulatory policy, which will strengthen ISA’s capacity to defend the interests of members against adverse policy change,” Mr Whiteley said.
Dr Coates has had experience in both the public and private sector, having spent three years at EY overseeing financial services risk management following six years at prudential regulator ASIC as senior manager of consumer protection and financial advice.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jun 2018IFA sector digs deep for DoverBy Aleks Vickovich
- 15 Jun 2018‘Information asymmetry’ a difficulty for advisersBy Killian Plastow and Tasnuva Bindi
- 15 Jun 2018ASIC takes Westpac to court over poor adviceBy Reporter
- 15 Jun 2018AFCA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 15 Jun 2018Restrictions to be placed on pension loan adviceBy Reporter
- 14 Jun 2018Adviser misconduct penalties likely to increase: Moody’sBy Reporter
- view all