A former ASIC senior manager has joined Industry Super Australia (ISA) as a senior adviser.
Nick Coates will return to ISA as a senior adviser focusing on regulatory change and government policy, according to a statement.
Dr Coates previously worked at ISA from 2007 to 2009 as head of government relations and policy.
ISA chief executive David Whiteley said he looked forward to Dr Coates’ contribution to the ISA team.
“Nick brings more than a decade of knowledge and expertise relating to financial services and regulatory policy, which will strengthen ISA’s capacity to defend the interests of members against adverse policy change,” Mr Whiteley said.
Dr Coates has had experience in both the public and private sector, having spent three years at EY overseeing financial services risk management following six years at prudential regulator ASIC as senior manager of consumer protection and financial advice.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Feb 2019ASIC probe finds widespread inappropriate advice at HSBCBy James Mitchell
- 20 Feb 2019IOOF profit up, advice margins downBy Sarah Simpkins
- 20 Feb 2019SMSF accountant enters EU with ASICBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Feb 2019Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- view all