Legg Mason’s liquid alternatives fund has been added to Netwealth’s superannuation and investment platform.
The Legg Mason Western Asset Macro Opportunities Bond Fund has been added to superannuation and investment platform Netwealth.
The fund utilises an unconstrained fixed-income strategy developed in 2012 by Western Asset, a fixed income affiliate of Legg Mason.
Head of Legg Mason Australia Andy Sowerby said that the fund was designed with an emphasis on active management and macro risk factors.
“This is the fastest growing strategy in the Legg Mason fixed income suite of products globally, with total assets recently surpassing $13 billion.”
Western Asset product specialist Joseph Filicetti said the strategy had been “severely tested” over the last two years and proved to be “remarkably resilient”.
“We believe the interconnectedness of global markets and the increased importance of central bank policy will continue to fuel dislocations that create opportunities for macro opportunities investors – regardless of the direction of rates,” Mr Filicetti said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all