Legg Mason’s liquid alternatives fund has been added to Netwealth’s superannuation and investment platform.
The Legg Mason Western Asset Macro Opportunities Bond Fund has been added to superannuation and investment platform Netwealth.
The fund utilises an unconstrained fixed-income strategy developed in 2012 by Western Asset, a fixed income affiliate of Legg Mason.
Head of Legg Mason Australia Andy Sowerby said that the fund was designed with an emphasis on active management and macro risk factors.
“This is the fastest growing strategy in the Legg Mason fixed income suite of products globally, with total assets recently surpassing $13 billion.”
Western Asset product specialist Joseph Filicetti said the strategy had been “severely tested” over the last two years and proved to be “remarkably resilient”.
“We believe the interconnectedness of global markets and the increased importance of central bank policy will continue to fuel dislocations that create opportunities for macro opportunities investors – regardless of the direction of rates,” Mr Filicetti said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all