Legg Mason’s liquid alternatives fund has been added to Netwealth’s superannuation and investment platform.
The Legg Mason Western Asset Macro Opportunities Bond Fund has been added to superannuation and investment platform Netwealth.
The fund utilises an unconstrained fixed-income strategy developed in 2012 by Western Asset, a fixed income affiliate of Legg Mason.
Head of Legg Mason Australia Andy Sowerby said that the fund was designed with an emphasis on active management and macro risk factors.
“This is the fastest growing strategy in the Legg Mason fixed income suite of products globally, with total assets recently surpassing $13 billion.”
Western Asset product specialist Joseph Filicetti said the strategy had been “severely tested” over the last two years and proved to be “remarkably resilient”.
“We believe the interconnectedness of global markets and the increased importance of central bank policy will continue to fuel dislocations that create opportunities for macro opportunities investors – regardless of the direction of rates,” Mr Filicetti said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all