Legg Mason’s liquid alternatives fund has been added to Netwealth’s superannuation and investment platform.
The Legg Mason Western Asset Macro Opportunities Bond Fund has been added to superannuation and investment platform Netwealth.
The fund utilises an unconstrained fixed-income strategy developed in 2012 by Western Asset, a fixed income affiliate of Legg Mason.
Head of Legg Mason Australia Andy Sowerby said that the fund was designed with an emphasis on active management and macro risk factors.
“This is the fastest growing strategy in the Legg Mason fixed income suite of products globally, with total assets recently surpassing $13 billion.”
Western Asset product specialist Joseph Filicetti said the strategy had been “severely tested” over the last two years and proved to be “remarkably resilient”.
“We believe the interconnectedness of global markets and the increased importance of central bank policy will continue to fuel dislocations that create opportunities for macro opportunities investors – regardless of the direction of rates,” Mr Filicetti said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 10:05Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 10:09New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all