La Trobe Financial has announced the appointment of three new executives as the firm farewells its chief operating officer as well as its head of major clients, saying Gen X leaders are more ambitious and socially progressive.
In a statement yesterday, La Trobe Financial announced that senior vice president and chief operating officer Brian Ford is leaving the firm.
Mr Ford has been working at La Trobe for over 35 years.
Chief legal counsel at La Trobe Rowan Donohoue will take over the reins from Mr Ford, the statement said.
Meanwhile, vice president – head of major clients Daryl Hill will also be leaving the company after 41 years.
Michael Watson has been appointed as the executive head of major clients, the statement said. Mr Watson joined La Trobe Financial in 2013.
One further appointment includes Martin Barry to the role of senior vice president, chief corporate treasurer. Previously Mr Barry held the role of vice president, head of institutional mandates.
"The new appointments of Mr Donohoue, Mr Barry and Mr Watson make for a generational change within the company," La Trobe said.
"Studies show that Generation X leaders are more altruistic, ambitious and socially progressive drivers for change than Baby Boomers."
President and chief executive of La Trobe Financial Greg O’Neill said, “Following the opening of our new office in Hong Kong and the appointment of these new executives to help lead the company, we are well positioned to continue our success, grow and evolve as one of Australia’s most respected independent non-banks.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all