The number of advisers using the BT Financial app has grown rapidly, signalling a shift in the way advisers are doing business, BT Financial Group has said.
In a statement today, BT said it has seen rapid take-up of the BT Panorama app with adviser logins up 87 per cent.
According to BT, an increasing number of advisers are maximising the opportunity to service clients anywhere, anytime.
General manager of platforms and investments at BT Financial John Shuttleworth said demand for mobile functionality is a reality of the world in which advisers are operating.
“Advisers are telling us that when their clients are using the app clients are more engaged with their investments and this makes portfolio performance and review conversations more constructive,” Mr Shuttleworth said.
According to Investment Trends, advisers are seeking to improve the client engagement experience through the use of tablet devices for client reviews (38 per cent), the use of tablet devices for client meetings (37 per cent) and smartphone or tablet access for non-transactional engagement (23 per cent).
Investors are also embracing mobile functionality and logging in more than three times per week, Mr Shuttleworth said. Investors are most commonly viewing their balance and transaction history, making deposits, paying bills and accessing market information and investment details, he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all