Legg Mason has announced two of its funds are now available to financial advisers across the separately managed account investment option on Macquarie Wrap.
According to a statement, the inclusion of the Legg Mason Martin Currie Real Income and Equity Income funds on Macquarie Wrap’s SMA reflects the growing demand from investors who want more access to income generating strategies.
“The Legg Mason Martin Currie Equity Income and Real Income SMAs are based on the same investment process as the highly successful funds launched in the Australian market [a] few years ago, managed by specialist equity manager, Martin Currie Australia,” said Andy Sowerby, Legg Mason managing director, Australia and New Zealand.
The Legg Mason Martin Currie Real Income strategy invests in a blend of listed real assets across Australian REITs, utility, infrastructure and like securities available on the ASX.
Meanwhile, Legg Mason Martin Currie’s Equity Income Strategy seeks to achieve inflation protection from increasing dividends and tax effectiveness through maximising franking benefits.
“Lonsec’s ‘Highly Recommended’ rating and Zenith’s ‘Recommended’ rating of the Legg Mason Martin Currie Equity Income Trust are a solid endorsement of the strategy (which the SMA is based on),” Mr Sowerby said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Aug 2017Elders signs 18th advice practiceBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017AIA launches ‘Claims on Wheels’By Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 22 Aug 2017Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- view all