BT Financial Group’s head of SMSF will leave the company to join platform provider Hub24 as the new chief operations officer.
In a statement yesterday, Hub24 announced the appointment of Craig Lawrenson as its new chief operations officer, starting in mid-August.
Mr Lawrenson is currently the head of SMSF at BT Financial and holds more than 20 years’ experience in the financial services industry, the statement said.
Mr Lawrenson has been involved in the development of BT Wrap and in 2010 took on responsibility for the Asgard business.
More recently, as head of product and business architecture, Mr Lawrenson was involved with the strategy and implementation of BT Panorama, and as head of SMSF, established the BT SMSF business.
Hub24 also announced it is creating a strategic development council to foster more efficient collaboration with its technology subsidiary Agility Applications and advice subsidiary Paragem.
The council will comprise of Agility Applications directors Craig Apps and Paul Biggs with Paragem directors Ian Knox and Charlie Haynes, alongside members of the platform executive team to combine knowledge of the platform, advice and broking segments, Hub24 said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jun 2018IFA sector digs deep for DoverBy Aleks Vickovich
- 15 Jun 2018‘Information asymmetry’ a difficulty for advisersBy Killian Plastow and Tasnuva Bindi
- 15 Jun 2018ASIC takes Westpac to court over poor adviceBy Reporter
- 15 Jun 2018AFCA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 15 Jun 2018Restrictions to be placed on pension loan adviceBy Reporter
- 14 Jun 2018Adviser misconduct penalties likely to increase: Moody’sBy Reporter
- view all