A non-aligned, Brisbane-based financial adviser has won an FPA award for dedication to providing quality advice.
Financial advice co-ordinator at Dolfinwise Bronnie Abraham is the latest winner of the Gwen Fletcher Memorial Award, the FPA announced in a statement yesterday.
Ms Abraham, who has been advising for over seven years, received the accolade for being the highest performing student in the final unit of the CFP Certification Program, the FPA said.
Named after the late “First Lady of Financial Planning”, the award recognises ongoing commitment to the program and dedication to providing quality financial advice.
Commenting on her achievement, Ms Abraham said she sees a bright future for women in financial planning.
“I was told that I am the fifth woman out of a total of seven winners of this award, which I’m hugely proud of, and I’m sure Gwen would be as well,” she said.
“To me, this shows the shift that is happening in the industry and I’m really excited about that. I think women naturally have abilities to be great financial advisers and I think we will see a lot more women excelling in the industry.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all