A non-aligned, Brisbane-based financial adviser has won an FPA award for dedication to providing quality advice.
Financial advice co-ordinator at Dolfinwise Bronnie Abraham is the latest winner of the Gwen Fletcher Memorial Award, the FPA announced in a statement yesterday.
Ms Abraham, who has been advising for over seven years, received the accolade for being the highest performing student in the final unit of the CFP Certification Program, the FPA said.
Named after the late “First Lady of Financial Planning”, the award recognises ongoing commitment to the program and dedication to providing quality financial advice.
Commenting on her achievement, Ms Abraham said she sees a bright future for women in financial planning.
“I was told that I am the fifth woman out of a total of seven winners of this award, which I’m hugely proud of, and I’m sure Gwen would be as well,” she said.
“To me, this shows the shift that is happening in the industry and I’m really excited about that. I think women naturally have abilities to be great financial advisers and I think we will see a lot more women excelling in the industry.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Mar 2018FSC appoints CBA executive GM to boardBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018TAL Direct refunds $900,000By Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018Open banking to improve advice accessibility: XinjaBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018Former Macquarie exec named CPA CEOBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Mar 2018Fintech Business Awards 2018 winners announcedBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Mar 2018CommInsure launches digital claims serviceBy Staff Reporter
- view all