Zurich has announced its first major update to its life insurance product range since acquiring Macquarie Life's risk business in October last year.
Product enhancements include a new approach to TPD with the introduction of new non-occupation based assessment criteria and a more flexible super optimiser facility, according to a statement.
In addition, there are also rate reductions for Term and TPD products, a simpler and more significant SmartValue bundling discount and enhancements to the Wealth Protection suite.
Zurich head of distribution for retail life and investments, Kristine Brooks, said the insurer worked with advisers for months in determining how it could best equip them to succeed in a rapidly changing marketplace.
“Affordability and value for money repeatedly came across as top priorities, and so we are pleased to be able to support advisers with generous Term and TPD rate reductions, along with a much simplified and easier to qualify for SmartValue bundling discount,” Ms Brooks said.
“Plus, under Zurich’s upgrade guarantee, improved trauma definitions are being passed back to all existing Wealth Protection customers, giving them increased confidence that their cover is the most up-to-date available.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all