Colonial First State will now offer managed account capabilities across its FirstWrap and FirstChoice platforms.
While the company already has more than $6 billion in managed account structures through the FirstWrap platform, Colonial First State said the new offering “will complement existing multi manager and model portfolio offers”.
“Under the new offering on FirstWrap, clients will not be charged brokerage for trading within their managed account, nor will any additional platform administration fees be charged for clients accessing the new managed accounts,” the company said.
Colonial First State general manager for product and investments Peter Chun said the managed accounts capabilities “will answer a range of broad needs” within the independent financial advice space.
Mr Chun said the new service will combine “both our scale and flexibility to offer solutions across our platforms, including tailored managed accounts for licensees as well as assisting advisers to efficiently manage their clients’ portfolios”.
Financial advisers will be able to select a number of client preferences within their managed account portfolios so individual clients’ beliefs, ethics and “personal trade restrictions” could be included.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all