Colonial First State will now offer managed account capabilities across its FirstWrap and FirstChoice platforms.
While the company already has more than $6 billion in managed account structures through the FirstWrap platform, Colonial First State said the new offering “will complement existing multi manager and model portfolio offers”.
“Under the new offering on FirstWrap, clients will not be charged brokerage for trading within their managed account, nor will any additional platform administration fees be charged for clients accessing the new managed accounts,” the company said.
Colonial First State general manager for product and investments Peter Chun said the managed accounts capabilities “will answer a range of broad needs” within the independent financial advice space.
Mr Chun said the new service will combine “both our scale and flexibility to offer solutions across our platforms, including tailored managed accounts for licensees as well as assisting advisers to efficiently manage their clients’ portfolios”.
Financial advisers will be able to select a number of client preferences within their managed account portfolios so individual clients’ beliefs, ethics and “personal trade restrictions” could be included.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Jun 2018Consultant calls for ‘restricted’ product adviceBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks Group names three new execsBy Reporter
- 19 Jun 2018Former NAB, ASIC exec approaches Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018CBA blocks access to Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018ANZ launches adviser wellness portalBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- view all