Financial advisers must remain resilient despite changing customer preferences, remuneration models and technological change, says ANZ Wealth.
ANZ Wealth head of sales Don Sillar said in a statement that advisers face immense pressure under a magnitude of change and new regulation within the industry.
“We’re hearing daily from advisers who are grappling with the pressures of shifting customer preferences, changing remuneration models and major technological changes,” Mr Sillar said.
“That’s why we invited speakers who have overcome incredible adversity to share their insights on purpose, commitment and resilience in achieving real success.”
ANZ Wealth invited guest speakers, former AFL player Adam Goodes and three-time Paralympic Gold Medallist Kurt Fearnley, to share their stories of triumph and using challenges as an opportunity for growth as part of its APEX Inspire Summit.
Mr Fearnley admitted he took some time to work out how his experience related to financial advisers.
“It wasn’t obvious on the surface, but the more I learned, the more I realised my experience could help this audience with the challenges they face,” Mr Fearnley said.
Mr Sillar said that, speaking to advisers on the day and afterwards, he was “heartened to hear that many found invaluable motivation from the insights Adam and Kurt shared”.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Jun 2018CBA blocks access to Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018ANZ launches adviser wellness portalBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018Former adviser convicted for dishonest conductBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IFA sector digs deep for DoverBy Aleks Vickovich
- 15 Jun 2018‘Information asymmetry’ a difficulty for advisersBy Killian Plastow and Tasnuva Bindi
- view all