Fortnum Private Wealth has appointed a former BT Financial Group manager to the newly created position of head of advice.
Kerry Thomas is the former national manager, practice advice at BT Financial Group, and will be tasked with enhancing the delivery of Fortnum’s professional advice program to the group’s national network of advisers, according to a statement.
Ms Thomas has over 15 years of financial services experience and will report to Fortnum Private Wealth managing director Joel Taylor, the statement said.
Mr Taylor said Ms Thomas has the right blend of skills, expertise and values, and is the right cultural fit.
“It’s important that our staff – and advisers – have a high degree of personal integrity, and embrace our high performance, collaborative culture,” he said.
“Kerry is an experienced professional who has a genuine rapport with advisers and she is a great addition to the team.”
The appointment of Ms Thomas coincides with the appointment of Cassandra Mackay as practice technology manager, joining Fortnum earlier this year from Bendigo and Adelaide Bank where she was previously digital advice manager, the statement said.
Fortnum Financial Group chief executive and managing director Neil Younger said the appointments of Ms Thomas and Ms Mackay formed part of a restructure designed to strengthen the licensee’s proposition to advisers.
“Our focus continues to be on delivering relevant advice solutions that drive practice efficiency, productivity and profitability,” Mr Younger said.
“We are committed to streamlining advice processes in order to free up advisers to do what they do best, which is service clients, give advice and deliver improved client outcomes.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- 15 Aug 2017ASIC bans NSW SMSF auditorBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Aug 2017Former Victorian premier named EQT chairBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Aug 2017‘Business as usual’ at FortnumBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all