Research group Lonsec has upgraded the ratings of two Smarter Money Investments products, citing the highly regarded portfolio managers.
In a recent statement, Smarter Money said Lonsec has upgraded its Smarter Money Active Cash (SMAC) strategy from ‘investment grade’ to ‘recommended’.
Lonsec said it "has a high regard for the fund’s senior portfolio managers … and places the quality of the expanded investment team towards the upper end of the spectrum”.
“The manager’s thorough understanding of the Australian market dynamics, deep research capabilities, the active allocation between credit and cash equivalents and strong performance driven culture are attractive features of this offering,” Lonsec said.
At the same time, Lonsec gave an inaugural ‘recommended’ rating to the Smarter Money Higher Income Fund (SMHI).
Lonsec says that a ‘recommended’ rating "indicates that Lonsec has strong conviction the financial product can generate risk adjusted returns in line with relevant objectives”.
"The financial product is considered an appropriate entry point to this asset class or strategy,” Lonsec said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all