Research group Lonsec has upgraded the ratings of two Smarter Money Investments products, citing the highly regarded portfolio managers.
In a recent statement, Smarter Money said Lonsec has upgraded its Smarter Money Active Cash (SMAC) strategy from ‘investment grade’ to ‘recommended’.
Lonsec said it "has a high regard for the fund’s senior portfolio managers … and places the quality of the expanded investment team towards the upper end of the spectrum”.
“The manager’s thorough understanding of the Australian market dynamics, deep research capabilities, the active allocation between credit and cash equivalents and strong performance driven culture are attractive features of this offering,” Lonsec said.
At the same time, Lonsec gave an inaugural ‘recommended’ rating to the Smarter Money Higher Income Fund (SMHI).
Lonsec says that a ‘recommended’ rating "indicates that Lonsec has strong conviction the financial product can generate risk adjusted returns in line with relevant objectives”.
"The financial product is considered an appropriate entry point to this asset class or strategy,” Lonsec said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all