Advisers can further their engagement with clients by creating ‘choice channels’, says SuiteBox’s Andy Marshall in a new e-book on the subject.
Mr Marshall told ifa that in his e-book, Client Engagement for Financial Advisors, ‘choice channels’ are where advisers direct prospects towards choices that match their goals and provide examples of like clients that the appropriate choices have worked for.
“[Advisers] can create education portals and engagement tools from simple questionnaires to gamified diagnostics to engage and educate at the front end well before a prospect has sought advice,” Mr Marshall said.
“Once engaged, they can ask better questions about life experience, financial literacy, personal choice preferences and assess learning styles to move quicker to an empowered client.”
Additionally, Mr Marshall said he is confident human advisers can compete with robo-advisers.
“Yes, solely because people are social beings and trust is best achieved eye-to-eye,” he said.
“Consequently, if an adviser can provide the engagement above and the efficiency that robo tools deliver, then the human adviser has the upper hand because of the human connection.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:48Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 09:27Instos ‘struggle’ with IFA ascendancyBy Aleks Vickovich
- 09:25CBA bosses accused of incompetenceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- view all