Advisers can further their engagement with clients by creating ‘choice channels’, says SuiteBox’s Andy Marshall in a new e-book on the subject.
Mr Marshall told ifa that in his e-book, Client Engagement for Financial Advisors, ‘choice channels’ are where advisers direct prospects towards choices that match their goals and provide examples of like clients that the appropriate choices have worked for.
“[Advisers] can create education portals and engagement tools from simple questionnaires to gamified diagnostics to engage and educate at the front end well before a prospect has sought advice,” Mr Marshall said.
“Once engaged, they can ask better questions about life experience, financial literacy, personal choice preferences and assess learning styles to move quicker to an empowered client.”
Additionally, Mr Marshall said he is confident human advisers can compete with robo-advisers.
“Yes, solely because people are social beings and trust is best achieved eye-to-eye,” he said.
“Consequently, if an adviser can provide the engagement above and the efficiency that robo tools deliver, then the human adviser has the upper hand because of the human connection.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 27 Jun 2017ASIC cracks down on s923A non-complianceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 27 Jun 2017GPS Wealth to be acquiredBy Aleks Vickovich
- 26 Jun 2017Former AMP adviser gets permanent banBy Staff Reporter
- 27 Jun 2017ABA demands rejection of state-based bank taxBy Staff Reporter
- 26 Jun 2017ASIC extends super SOA deadlineBy Staff Reporter
- 27 Jun 2017New Trilogy fund aims for retireesBy Staff Reporter
- view all