A Victoria-based dealer group has hired a former AMP manager as its first state manager for Queensland, as the company looks to grow nationally.
Evermore Money Management has appointed Chris Chetham as state manager for Queensland. He was previously an AMP practice development manager for Queensland from 2012 to 2014 and a consultant since July 2015, according to his LinkedIn profile.
In his new role, Mr Chetham will consolidate the Evermore brand and oversee the expansion across the state.
Evermore managing director Amirthan Arasaratnam said the move comes in response to adviser demand.
“We initially established a small footprint in the sunshine state which triggered a very strong level of enquiry from other advice practices. We believe this is due to our core focus being helping advisers to grow their business first, being institutionally non-aligned with an open APL and our proprietary digital technology solutions,” he said.
“Advisers are resonating with our unique AFSL model as it deals with the real issues facing the industry right now. This has resulted in numerous enquiries from practices wanting to join us. Our own growth as an AFSL follows on from that.”
In addition to Queensland, the firm is also looking to grow in NSW, Mr Arasaratnam said.
“We are of course open to discussion regarding all other states, but for us, it is not about growth for growths sake, it is all about the right people with the right attitude,” he said.
“Our industry is changing fast and there is tremendous opportunity for advisers that are willing to embrace the changes required to keep pace.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all