NAB Wealth has appointed a former AMP head of financial planning as its new business growth manager for Queensland and the Northern Territory.
According to a statement this morning, Stephen Carton has been named business growth manager of strategy alliances and growth.
He was previously head of financial planning for Charter in Victoria and Tasmania, according to his LinkedIn profile.
NAB general manager of advice partnerships Ross Barnwell said it was vital for the business to continue to grow its adviser network as a way to “give more Australians the opportunity to access quality financial advice”.
“The advice landscape is changing and we need to ensure we continue to deliver a valued and enduring experience for both advisers and consumers,” he said.
“We aim to be the licensee partner of choice based on our ability to support businesses through better technology, practical customer insights and a culture of innovation.
“Stephen is a welcome addition to the team, and will bring fresh insights to our business.”
Commenting on his appointment, Mr Carton said, “I’ve been in the wealth management business for more than 30 years, and I’m passionate about creating a network that provides high quality, trusted financial advice to Australians.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:32Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 10:35Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2017Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- view all