ASIC has established a new financial adviser committee, which was designed in an effort to help the regulator better understand a range of issues within the financial advice industry.
In a statement today, ASIC said the Financial Advisers Consultative Committee (FACC) will be made up of practising advisers.
The committee "initial members" include:
- Craig Banning (AMP Financial Planning)
- Chris Brycki (Sanlam Private Wealth)
- Jennifer Brown (JBS Financial Strategists)
- Steven Dobson (NAB/Meritum Financial Group)
- Mark Everingham(Bombora Advice)
- Tony Gillett (Retirewell Financial Planning)
- Adam Goldstien (AMP Financial Planning)
- Cathryn Gross (The Wealth Network)
- Suzanne Haddan (Baldry Financial Services)
- Kevin Smith
ifa could not immediately confirm which licensee Kevin Smith is licensed by.
The FACC is designed to build on ASIC’s existing engagement with the financial advice industry, the statement said.
For instance, the committee will contribute to ASIC’s understanding of issues in the financial advice industry, including those directly impacting on practising advisers.
The FACC will also improve ASIC's capacity to identify, assess and respond to emerging trends in the financial advice industry, the statement said.
ASIC deputy chairman Peter Kell said, “ASIC has extensive engagement with participants in the financial advice sector as well as financial advice industry bodies and consumer organisations.
“We saw benefit in extending our interaction with this sector through the establishment of a committee made up of practising advisers.”
“The establishment of this committee is part of ASIC's ongoing commitment to enhancing its engagement with its stakeholders,” he added.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all