Legg Mason has announced it received positive ratings from research house Zenith for three of its bond funds offered to the Australian retail market.
According to a statement, the newly launched Legg Mason Asset Global Bond fund and the Legg Mason Western Asset Macro Opportunities have both received ‘recommended’ ratings.
The Legg Mason Brandywine Opportunistic Fixed Income Trust received a ‘highly recommended’ rating, the statement said.
Legg Mason Australia and New Zealand managing director Andy Sowerby said these ratings from Zenith justifies the group’s decision to expand its bond offering to the Australian retail market.
“There is a growing awareness among retail investors, especially in a low interest rate environment, about the capacity for bonds to generate income and capture capital appreciation, and the active management underpinning all three funds aims to achieve these two goals,” Mr Sowerby said.
“These new Zenith ratings reinforce Legg Mason’s active approach to fixed interest, giving investors a comprehensive range of bond funds to meet their specific investment goals.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jul 2018Westpac drops SMSF loansBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018MLC names Geoff Lloyd as CEOBy Reporter
- 17 Jul 2018Infocus makes two senior appointmentsBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Jul 2018Fitzpatricks appoints new CFOBy Reporter
- 16 Jul 2018Adviser incentives still valuable: ElixirBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Jul 2018Clients to benefit from commission ban: PollBy Killian Plastow
- view all