Legg Mason has announced it received positive ratings from research house Zenith for three of its bond funds offered to the Australian retail market.
According to a statement, the newly launched Legg Mason Asset Global Bond fund and the Legg Mason Western Asset Macro Opportunities have both received ‘recommended’ ratings.
The Legg Mason Brandywine Opportunistic Fixed Income Trust received a ‘highly recommended’ rating, the statement said.
Legg Mason Australia and New Zealand managing director Andy Sowerby said these ratings from Zenith justifies the group’s decision to expand its bond offering to the Australian retail market.
“There is a growing awareness among retail investors, especially in a low interest rate environment, about the capacity for bonds to generate income and capture capital appreciation, and the active management underpinning all three funds aims to achieve these two goals,” Mr Sowerby said.
“These new Zenith ratings reinforce Legg Mason’s active approach to fixed interest, giving investors a comprehensive range of bond funds to meet their specific investment goals.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Advisers recognised at Women in Finance AwardsBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- view all