Ratings house Lonsec has upgraded the rating of a Flinders Investment Partners fund from ‘Investment Grade’ to ‘Recommended’ following an Australian Small Companies review process.
Flinders Investment Partners said in a statement that, in upgrading the Flinders Emerging Companies Fund, Lonsec’s research report noted an increased conviction in the investment team and process, and has been following the fund closely for almost two years.
Further, Lonsec considered the co-porfolio manager team of Andrew Mouchacca and Richard Macdougall to be highly experienced and relevant in the small and microcap space, the statement said.
Dr Mouchacca said both he and Mr Macdougall are confident that the small companies sector can continue to be attractive to investors and advisers.
“We have been very busy with reporting season so it was great to see the ratings upgrade, as it’s a real recognition for all the hard work that has been put in to getting the business up and running and performing well,” Dr Mouchacca said.
“Our strategy is to take a broad approach across industrial as well as resource sectors to ensure we don’t miss any opportunities to identify companies with growth potential.”
The fund was recently added to the Netwealth platform on the back of increased adviser demand, and is already available on CFS FirstWrap, Hub24, Macquarie and Powerwrap platforms, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Dec 2018AMP challenged by ASIC on fees for service conductBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Dec 2018FASEA names provider for adviser examBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Dec 2018Former Liberal leader to join Crescent boardBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- view all