NAB has recruited former NSW premier and treasurer Mike Baird to its executive leadership team.
In a statement to the ASX, NAB CEO Andrew Thorburn announced Mr Baird has joined as chief customer officer, corporate and institutional banking.
Alongside Mr Baird, the bank has also recruited Sharon Cook to the role of chief legal and commercial counsel and Patrick Wright to the role of chief technology and operations officer.
Mr Baird started his career with NAB and spent 17 years in institutional banking before going into politics.
“His time as treasurer and premier of New South Wales means he returns to banking and NAB with invaluable experience in leading economic and financial reform to grow the economy,” Mr Thorburn said.
“Mike has outstanding leadership and a determination to drive change and make a difference by building relationships with customers and the community.”
Mr Wright joins from Barclays in the United States, while Ms Cook was formerly a commercial law managing partner.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Apr 2018Neil Rogan departs CenturiaBy Reporter
- 23 Apr 2018Banks should foot RC bill: HansonBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Apr 2018AMP admits keeping Dover in darkBy Killian Plastow and Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Apr 2018AMP facing shareholder class actionBy Reporter
- 23 Apr 2018ANZ concedes ‘unacceptable’ adviser monitoringBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Apr 2018FSC backs stronger misconduct penaltiesBy Reporter
- view all