NAB has recruited former NSW premier and treasurer Mike Baird to its executive leadership team.
In a statement to the ASX, NAB CEO Andrew Thorburn announced Mr Baird has joined as chief customer officer, corporate and institutional banking.
Alongside Mr Baird, the bank has also recruited Sharon Cook to the role of chief legal and commercial counsel and Patrick Wright to the role of chief technology and operations officer.
Mr Baird started his career with NAB and spent 17 years in institutional banking before going into politics.
“His time as treasurer and premier of New South Wales means he returns to banking and NAB with invaluable experience in leading economic and financial reform to grow the economy,” Mr Thorburn said.
“Mike has outstanding leadership and a determination to drive change and make a difference by building relationships with customers and the community.”
Mr Wright joins from Barclays in the United States, while Ms Cook was formerly a commercial law managing partner.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all