NAB has recruited former NSW premier and treasurer Mike Baird to its executive leadership team.
In a statement to the ASX, NAB CEO Andrew Thorburn announced Mr Baird has joined as chief customer officer, corporate and institutional banking.
Alongside Mr Baird, the bank has also recruited Sharon Cook to the role of chief legal and commercial counsel and Patrick Wright to the role of chief technology and operations officer.
Mr Baird started his career with NAB and spent 17 years in institutional banking before going into politics.
“His time as treasurer and premier of New South Wales means he returns to banking and NAB with invaluable experience in leading economic and financial reform to grow the economy,” Mr Thorburn said.
“Mike has outstanding leadership and a determination to drive change and make a difference by building relationships with customers and the community.”
Mr Wright joins from Barclays in the United States, while Ms Cook was formerly a commercial law managing partner.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all